A full A/C service consists of:
- Initial system test assessing cabin temperature and system pressures.
- Check system components such as hoses, belts, condenser, compressor, fans, electrics.
- Check internal system controls, flaps, heating, etc.
- Recover any existing refrigerant from the system in a controlled manner.
- Vacuum A/C system.
- Regas A/C system with refrigerant to vehicle specific refrigerant quantitie.
- Full post re-gas system test. Check cabin temperatures and system pressures
Initially, we take a look at all the A/C components, looking for any obvious signs of damage or leaks. We will then communicate with the customer to report any issues prior to the service. We will not waste your money by servicing a vehicle that needs system repairs. It is illegal to recharge a car with obvious signs of a leak. Releasing refrigerant into the atmosphere is illegal.
Any existing refrigerant is removed from the system and then the system is pressure tested to a pressure of 175psi using Oxygen Free Nitrogen. Coupled with that we use the latest digital manifold gauge setup which can see leaks in incements as small as 0.1psi. This pressure test is essential as many aircon leaks are so small that they are not detected by garages and Autocentres who do not use the nitrogen test to pressure test.
Next stage, we will vacuum the system, which removes all refrigerant, some A/C oil and moisture etc. The system will be vacuumed using a specific vacuum pump.
We will then recharge the system with new, clean refrigerant that is the correct refrigerant for the vehicle.
The vehicle can then be started and operating pressures and cabin temperatures can be checked.
Prices start at £75 for our full car air conditioning service.